Thursday 15 March 2018

what is TOPIK? (Test of Proficiency in Korean)

Hello, guys~!!!!! 안녕하세요!

I'm so sorry for not updating my blog, I have been busy since the new semester has already started. I have been thinking about this topic a long time ago, but now I finally managed to do it despite having mock TOPIK tomorrow (wish me luck and pray for me guys!!!! pretty handsome please). 

What is TOPIK?
You will notice this word many times in your KGSP application paper and study in Korea website or in any other Korean education website. You only need to get TOPIK level 3 for this 1 year before going to your own University.So basically TOPIK is stand for Test of Proficiency in Korean. For those who may not know about this; TOPIK consists two test which is TOPIK 1 and TOPIK 2 and it will be valid for 2 years. Each of them has a different kind of level, which is :
  • TOPIK 1: Level 1 & 2 (Reading: multiple choices question & Listening: multiple choices question  )
  • TOPIK 2: Level 3,4,5 & 6 (Reading, Listening & Writing)
  • Additional Information: If you guys manage to get level 5 or  6 in this 1 year your scholarship will add up 100,000won 

This is the passing mark for each level
For the student that will do their language at Dongseo University, you guys will need to take TOPIK 1 & 2 in the first semester, if you guys are studying the Korean language for the first time or to be exact you are been placed in class A or B. After that you guys will continue on learning for TOPIK 2 which is more difficult as the word will be much more complicated. But don't worry guys our teacher will make sure all of us passed the TOPIK exam.

Language School will prepare everything for you guys, the only thing that you need to do is just pay the examination fees. TOPIK examination will be held at selected University, so you guys need to go there by yourself and for your information, TOPIK examination will always be on Sunday. During the exam, they will provide you with a special pen and you can only use that pen to answer all the question and you can bring your own correction pen (paper version not the liquid).


My first TOPIK examination TOPIK 1


TOPIK 2 Exam

Alhamdulillah I managed to do really well in my TOPIK 1 and get level 2 (it's quite easy..so don't worry guys!) but luck was not on my side in TOPIK 2 as I didn't manage to pass with a few points away for level 3, but I know God does have a plan for me, so I must not give up and I need to do my best for this upcoming TOPIK in April and if passed it this time, it will be the greatest birthday gift ever for this year as for last year Allah gave me KGSP results on my birthday too. It would be nice to if you guys can pray for me (thanks, a lot in advance guys!). I hope this post can clear everything about TOPIK examination in the future. As for my advice, learn basic Korean before you come for your KGSP program, and trust me it will help you a lot!!!

sincerely,
Your Bella 



7 comments:

  1. Hai Kak Bella! 제 이름은 Naufal 이에요
    Ive got a question to ask. How hard is topik 2? Is it too far from topik 1? What was the major difference of difficulties between topik 1 and 2 ,
    other than you have right down few essays.

    Thank you

    Ps. I really like your first sentence of the blog, " Hello future kgsp candidates "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. * Have to write down few essays

      Delete
    2. Well hello future kgsp candidates ;)
      The word they use in the TOPIK 2 is way more complicated... and yup they have essay... sooo every grammar that you learn will be use in this section :)

      Delete
  2. hi kak! is it better for me to have my TOPIK exam in Malaysia then i apply degree in Korea or better have my TOPIK exam in Korea? i've been thinking of enrolling into Sejong Uni, do u have any thought of that uni? care to share it with me? hhehehe thank you kak! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hai Akak..sekadar mahu bertanya.. di mana saya perlu ambil Topik test ni? Di korea atau di Malaysia? Kalau buat permohonan KGSP dia akan ada bahagian perihal Topik.. so kita kena ambil Topik dulu sebelum ke Korea.. macam tu? Kalau kita nak ambil topik berapa tempoh masa yang diperlukan..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, may I know is the accodomation fee covered in the scholarship?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi akak! saya berminat nk sambung belaja kt korea tpi saya masih bnyk tktau ape persediaan yg perlu dibuat boleh tk klau saya nk slalu tnye akk klau saya tktau :) hehe
    1. klau amik topik exam 1 sem means level 1 ke??
    2. boleh ke ambik topik exam kt malaysia??
    3. klau nk ambik korean language kt korea uni ade ngi scholarship tk utk international student sbb saya nk belaja kt sana tpi family saya org susah bukan org senang

    ReplyDelete

KGSP Recommendations Letter Preparations Info

Hello guys!!! 안녕하세요!!!!! I guess many of applicants have a question regarding on how to prepare recommendations letter....  Soo here is the ...