Wednesday 2 August 2017

Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP 2017)

After graduated from university Kuala Lumpur Malaysia France Institute UniKL MFI in Welding and quality Inspection, I was wondering what I should do next. After being thinking quite along and do some research by myself I was targeting in continuing my studies to the next level.

During my last semester, I was selected as an exchange student in South Korea. I met with a lot of friend from all around the world, and because of this program, I find out about Korean Government Scholarship Program because one of my friends is a scholar from this program. So I do some research about this program. What really attracted me to this program are the benefits of it. You will be fully funded for your graduate or undergraduate program! Seriously who do not like to be fully sponsored right? FREE learning, FREE experience and you would not regret anything.

What is KGSP???
KGSP is a scholarship program that been conducted by Korean Government. This program provided for Graduate and Undergraduate student.


So I try my luck by applying for this program, there were many stages of the selection procedure. Based on my experience what I can tell about KGSP is you should be patient as the selection will be quite long, you will be nervous all the time.



There were two ways to apply for KGSP. First, you can apply it at the South Korean Embassy in your home country or you just can directly apply or contact the University that you really want. As for me, I am a University track applicants as I apply directly to my University in South Korea which is KOREATECH. I would like to thanks, Ms. Selina as she is the one that helps me throughout this. You can get the contact info from the University website that you really like; most of the University website will provide contact information on their international or global department. Feel free to send them an email and ask about this program.


Why KOREATECH?
I have been there for my exchange student program on the previous year, and I really admire the University and their professor. Not to mention that they have an engineering department that really related with my bachelor degree major. 




Picture was taken during my exchange student program at KOREATECH



For university track applicant, the person in charge for the university will tell you about the entire document needed to be prepared and send to them. You can download the KGSP application form online or at the university website itself. After document have been submitted you need to wait for the follow-up email from the university about the interview, some university did not conduct any interview but they will inform whether you pass to the 2nd stage for selection that will be managed by NIIED (National Institute for International Education). I have been interviewed using Skype by a KOREATECH Professor from my major, each university will give you different kind of question so be prepared, for an advice you should join KGSP Facebook Group, they will share you many tips and help you!




Example of University website that provides information about KGSP

My application form


picture before the skype interview (Seriously I'm really nervous that time)


The 2nd round selection will be announced at the "Study in Korea" website. You just need to take note on the notice board on the website (for the record the results is usually being announced at
4 p.m. Korean time on the date that they have mentioned). Luckily I passed the 2nd round selection, I was so damn happy that time! I still remember I’m on my way to Tokyo using the subway and all the Japanese were looking at me as I’m acting weirdly (being too happy is not weird guys it just not appropriate at the public because I were laughing then started to cry in joy, I don’t feel ashamed at all during that time).




So after you passed the 2nd round of selection you should send your passport information and go for the full medical checkup. For the student that apply through embassy track, they need to wait for their results because they can choose 3 universities that they want during the application process so the university will be screening their document and conducted an interview for them. After all the process NIIED will come out with the final results. That results will determine whether you were in or out from this program.

 I made it guys!!!!!! I finally made it!!!!!!!  I still, can’t believe it!!!!!!

That all for now guys! Next, I will write about visa application and flight ticket. Till we meet again and please stay tuned! I will try my best to share everything with you guys (the future KGSP candidates!!!!)

Here are the some of  the important website that you can get information about KGSP (you can click on the text, it will bring you directly to the website) :




18 comments:

  1. hiiiiiii!!

    I'm applying for KGSP this year. I read your blog and i'm really praying for the same fate. I just have some questions about the form. I'm applying through Embassy Track, and i'm not quite sure what to write under the the "division". Is it the location of the university your applying for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you need to put the division based on the university you choose (divison=major). I hope I'm not to late to reply this to you.

      Delete
  2. Hi...I want to ask about the additional document to apply like birth certificate and all that.... those things is written in malay, right?....do we need to translate all that document in English?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Any document issued in languages other than Korean or English MUST include official notarized translations....how can I get the official notarized translations?

      Delete
    3. yes you need to translate first and the document need to be notarized. you can get stamp certified true copy at nearby court, but CTC stamp need to be in English.

      Delete
    4. hii! i have a little question... what if i have my originals but are originally in english? do i have to get a legal stamp?

      Delete
    5. Yes you just have to photocopied the document and bring it to be stamp

      Delete
    6. Hi Nabeela..how to translate the document I.e. the birth certificate..do we need to translate by ourselves in word and get the notarize both original birth certificate and translate ones too?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, do you think they can admit a 22 year old scholar??
    Besides-- Can u give some tips on the Statement of Purpose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have completed your bachelors degree, yes you can apply for it :) and i Already give tips on my latest blog post :) please do check it

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing this information it has helped me to know more about mba student loans

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, want to ssk, how to prepare the original Certificate of Citizenship (Applicant & Parents)??

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello! i want to make you a really important question... i got rejected the last year... i thought i wasn´t a good aplicant.... but in my email they sent to me... it said that i was good... but that i had some part of my aplicant documents wrong... i was sad.... but i want to try again... any words? and... i want to study engineering so... its difficult and more because i am woman, so... i dont know if that could be a reason.. maybe not... but i will try to focus on different sides of view.. thank you for reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can apply anything that you want.. but dont ever hesitate your choice... be confident and try again.. make sure that you send all the document that they wanted

      Delete
  8. Hi, may i know if you submitted any language proficiency test like Topik or IELTS when you applied for this scholarship?

    Thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, may I know what kind of grading system did you have to convert to for the application?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete

KGSP Recommendations Letter Preparations Info

Hello guys!!! 안녕하세요!!!!! I guess many of applicants have a question regarding on how to prepare recommendations letter....  Soo here is the ...