Wednesday 23 August 2017

Busan Here I Comes~!!!!

Hi! I wanted to tell you guys that I have arrived at Busan yesterday. I will tell you guys about my journey to Busan on this post. So my flight ticket to South Korea was at 11.30 p.m. on 21st of August 2017 at Kuala Lumpur International Airport. Luckily all the Malaysian student get the same date of departure. It was really good to gather together and get to know each other even though we already know each other from WhatsApp group.

By the way here is some of the picture taken at the airport :

My family and friends!!!!!! Thanks for coming!!!!! I really appreciate it!!!!!

We actually recreating back the picture we take at Incheon last year for our exchange student program.

By the way, for those future KGSP candidates, you guys should not felt worried about your baggage weight as we are a GTR (Government Transportation Request) customer for Korean Air. So, instead of giving 23kg for 1pcs, they upgraded to 32 kg for 1pcs. I think you guys will have enough space to pack as they also give us 12 kg for the hand-carry beg that excludes the personal item like laptop, purse or a coat.

My check-in baggage, hand carry luggage and laptop bag


So for my case, I will transit at Incheon airport and then transfer to another Korean Air to go to Gimhea airport Busan. My flight from Malaysia to Incheon has actually delayed about 30 min, the stewardess reminds us about our connecting flight, she suggested us to run to the gate after we landed at Incheon. We really shocked at that time, but we have to do it because we cannot miss our flight. When we safely landed at Incheon, we just grabbed our stuff and quickly ran to the gate, it was really hectic guys! because we needed to go through the scanner that scans our hand carry, not to mention we need to take out our laptop and it's kind of hard to do that when we don't have much time. Luckily we managed to get on board. It takes only less than 1 hour to get to Busan and when we arrived we waited for our baggage and search for our University signboard for the pickup process.

This photo was taken inside the Korean Air to Incheon and Busan :



Korean Air Muslim food is really delicious!!!!!

I was super excited to see this banner!!!!!!!


The first person that I met is Kelly from the Philippines and one of DSU staff, and after waiting for about 2-3 minute Dorri from the Barbados and one more Bangladesh student. Then the staff said we have to wait for another student, so we waited until the last person to get out from the arrival hall but no one showed up. Then the DSU staff decided that we just need to go. DSU pickup us by using a mini bus, just on the time to get into the bus the rain start to pouring badly.I was the one that arranges the baggage on the bus while Kelly helps me to transfer the baggage to the bus, poor Kelly as she was being wet because of the rain. It takes 30 min from Gimhae airport to Dongseo University by bus.

As we arrived at DSU, my first impression was like "Wow, DSU is really big" and what I can say is DSU is located at the mount not hill as the road that we take by bus is lead to a really steep slope road. I was wondering how those people live on such a steep slope because there is house around DSU. We are staying at International House 2 and the first thing that we need to do is to scan our fingerprint as it will open our main door as they use electronic biometric fingerprint door lock system. The housekeeper Ahjussi will give us the keys to our room and a set of bedding include with a pillow then we are good to go our room. There is no activity yet as not all student has arrived at DSU, the staff said once everyone is here then they will start with all the essential process such as applying for Alien Registration Card (ARC), bank card, student card and medical checkup.

So my first day at DSU is started with unpacked my luggage and cleaning my room. My room is so dirty like literally dirty, so I decide to go to Daiso with Kelly to buy some stuff and some cleaning product as all we know that Daiso is really cheap. With bits of help from my beloved boyfriend Mr.Google Maps, we finally manage to go there. On the subway, all the Korean Ahjumma and Ahjussi just staring at me as I'm the only one that wears hijab but I kind of get used to it as I have been in Korea for a semester last year. After getting our stuff at Daiso we went back to DSU, from subway station we just hike the steep slope to get to the International House gate. We were like dying to get up there, I stopped so many times as I'm trying to catch my breath, I really need to do some jogging or running to keep my body fits for this because I need to survive for 1 year.

Right after I arrived at my room, I just continued cleaning my room and bathroom. After done with cleaning, I take a good shower and went to bed as I just wanted to sleep, my roommate Saima from Pakistan arrived. She has to transit for 3 times to get to Busan, I knew she was exhausted by looking at her face. We just chat a little bit as both of us really need our beauty sleep.

Photo of our room, I think we might need to clean it and rearrange the stuff again :





I think that all for now!!! see you on the next post!!!! I will try to keep on updating my blog for you guys. Thanks for the reading!!! I hope that I can help you guys in the future.

Sincerely,
나비라 아미







No comments:

Post a Comment

KGSP Recommendations Letter Preparations Info

Hello guys!!! 안녕하세요!!!!! I guess many of applicants have a question regarding on how to prepare recommendations letter....  Soo here is the ...